Contraindications of magnetotherapy
When magnetotherapy must not be used and when it should only be used with some restrictions:
Absolute contraindications of magnetotherapy
- When using sensitive medical electronic devices such as a pacemaker, defibrillator, endocochlear implant (in the head, neck and upper torso area).
- In pregnancy.
- In case of bleeding of any kind. A magnetic field increases tissue blood circulation, which may increase bleeding in some cases.
- In case of pain with an unknown origin.
Relative contraindications of magnetotherapy
- Not to be applied in the area of endocrine glands in case of hyperfunction (increased function) of endocrine glands.
- Magnetotherapy must be carefully considered by a physician in people with a diagnosed tumour and after malignant tumour operation, chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
- In case of infectious diseases with high temperatures over 38 °C.
- In case of active tuberculosis – according to the discretion of the physician.
- Unless recommended by a neurologist, magnetotherapy is not to be applied on the head area in case of seizure neurological diseases such as epilepsy, etc.
- In case of severe mycotic (fungal) diseases.
- Combined with radiotherapy isn’t recommended.
In case of any doubts about using pulsed magnetotherapy treatment, please consult a specialist.
Manufacturer ZES Brno, a.s.
I want an advice
We meet all standards for medical devices. We offer warranty, service and customer support and care.