Contraindications of magnetotherapy
When magnetotherapy must not be used and when it should only be used with some restrictions:
Absolute contraindications of magnetotherapy
- When using sensitive medical electronic devices such as a pacemaker, defibrillator, endocochlear implant (in the head, neck and upper torso area).
- In pregnancy.
- In case of bleeding of any kind. A magnetic field increases tissue blood circulation, which may increase bleeding in some cases.
- In case of pain with an unknown origin.
Relative contraindications of magnetotherapy
- Not to be applied in the area of endocrine glands in case of hyperfunction (increased function) of endocrine glands.
- Magnetotherapy must be carefully considered by a physician in people with a diagnosed tumour and after malignant tumour operation, chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
- In case of infectious diseases with high temperatures over 38 °C.
- In case of active tuberculosis – according to the discretion of the physician.
- Unless recommended by a neurologist, magnetotherapy is not to be applied on the head area in case of seizure neurological diseases such as epilepsy, etc.
- In case of severe mycotic (fungal) diseases.
- Combined with radiotherapy isn’t recommended.
In case of any doubts about using pulsed magnetotherapy treatment, please consult a specialist.
Manufacturer ZES Brno, a.s.
I want an advice
Contraindications for the use of magnetotherapy: electronic medical equipment, during pregnancy, bleeding. More about contraindications here
Read the operating instructions before use.
The Duo Forte magnetotherapy medical device is a device designed for treatment with a low-frequency magnetic field in the home and clinical environment. Duo Forte
is applicable to treatment in physiotherapy, also focusing on specific health problems.
We meet all standards for medical devices. We offer warranty, service and customer support and care.